If you're looking to start your own Freight Broker
Business, you've come to the
right place! A freight
broker can work from home as he or she brings together
shippers and carriers who
might not otherwise try to
find each other and assists
in negotiating the terms of
the transaction. The primary
role of a broker is to help
companies that need to ship
cargo find a trucking
company that can deliver the
shipment on time and in good
condition and provide any
extra services that may be
required - all at a
Don't get scammed by other Freight
THERE IS NO GOVERNMENT
EXAM REQUIRED TO BE A FREIGHT BROKER!
1. There is no exam required to be a freight broker. Some "schools" suggest there is. Not true. Any exam is their internal exam, not an official government entrance exam. School is not required. You just need to file an application, have a legal agent in each of the 48 continental states to receive legal process (lawsuit papers) and either a bond or a trust fund agreement.
2. Most freight broker training programs exist to recruit agents who earn 50-60% of a sale. The rest goes to the broker. Each agent in a typical training class is potentially worth $100K to a broker . Many broker "schools" make YOU pay for the training. They run brokerages as their main business and they don't really want to teach you to compete with them. Many teach you what they think you need to know to work for them.
3. You will earn 100% of the deal if you become the broker. But you need unbiased training.
4. This is not information most freight broker schools want you to know. We are looking out for YOUR interests and we want you to succeed long term because we have a vested interest in your renewing your trust fund agreement. When you renew your trust fund agreement each year, we earn money. We are essentially partners in success.
5. When you're ready to be your own boss, cut out the middle man and make the big money in brokering, call us TOLL FREE: (888) 414-1874. We'll show you the basics for free if you get your license and Trust Fund set up through us.
Start Your Own Freight Brokerage Business How to Manual
Are you just thinking about
becoming a freight broker but not sure if you're read to take the next step?
Then our $30 how-to start-up book is for you.
This start-up manual includes:
*94 page step-by-step freight broker guide to success
*Resource and contact section
*Sample carrier/Broker Agreement
*Sample Load Confirmation and Rate Agreement
*Sample Contract Labor Receipt
Introduction to Freight Brokering Training Workshop
Participate in a full day of freight broker training for brokers, agents,
carriers and shippers. Offered
online for $399 and
at various locations nationwide for $499. Workshop Instructor (USDOT Practitioner)
James P. Lamb provides new and veteran brokers, agents, carriers and
shippers with an introduction to the knowledge and skills needed to be
successful in the transportation industry.
*Introduction to Brokering & the Trucking Industry
*Understanding How the Players in Freight Brokering Interact
*Setting up a Business Entity (Sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation or LLC)
*Federal Licensing and Bonding
*Ensuring a Positive Cash Flow
*Selling and Marketing Your Business
*Finding Freight and Trucks in the 21st Century
*Freight Rate Development
When you apply through us, your BOC-3 process agent filing is included (you
need an agent in each state to accept legal papers for you; we have a
network of agents in place, we let you use this network and we arrange for
the required USDOT BOC-3 filing).
Why choose us to get your freight broker business started?
Simply stated, we’re the only application filing and
training service offered by a USDOT-Licensed Practitioner, who is the president of the freight broker trade group. Before you choose
an application filing and training service, make sure you’re comparing
apples to apples. Our one-day seminar is a bona fide training class that
covers all relevant freight broker training topics. It is not a sales pitch
aimed merely at selling you a full week’s worth of training. 98% of our
attendees rate this program a 4 or 5 in all areas on a scale of 1 to 5. We
think that says it all. Take a look at our services. We think the answer will be
Trust Funds offered
through our partner Pacific Financial. Requires cash collateral. Other credit plans available at additional
FREIGHT BROKER TRAINING SERVICES.
USDOT-Certified Instructor? Yes
How to Find Freight & Trucks Training?Yes
Freight Rate Development Training?Yes
Contract Negotiations Training?Yes
Sales & Marketing Training?Yes
Our Total Cost for Freight Broker Training Just $499
Competitors charge $2,500 and up. Don't pay more for less.
Once you're ready to start operating you may be in need of factoring.
Factoring is basically the selling of a company's accounts receivable, at a
discount, to a factor, who then assumes the credit risk of the account
debtors and receives cash as the debtors settle their accounts. To learn
more, click on the link below or just send an email to
and we'll have our factoring specialist contact you.